Position: Security Sales Consultant
This position is responsible for selling burglar, fire, and medical emergency alarm systems and security monitoring products/services to homeowners and business owners by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Call on prospective home/business customers provided by company-generated leads and various types of self-generated leads
- Identify prospective customers by following leads from existing customers, door knocking, calling, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending home shows
- Provide presentation/demonstration of alarm systems and security monitoring products and services
- Examine prospective customer's home or business and analyze customer's requirements
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, product uses, and credit/payment requirements
- Design and recommend security system to meet customer's needs
- Schedule customers for installation of equipment, complete all necessary contractual paperwork and provide post-installation follow-up communication
- Meet individual and contribute toward departmental sales goals and minimum standards
- Present a professional image of the Company to current and potential customers
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Trade licenses, registrations in accordance with state/local regulations as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and around pets/animals.